Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 1: Nap 3

I took my third nap at 5 AM and all went well, no oversleeping. I did however, wake up twice during my sleep. But surprisingly, when the alarm went off, I woke up energized. So energized, that I decided to go on another 10 minute run! It felt nice, I felt ok. I then played FIFA World Cup for awhile, that was fun, especially with all the energy I had.

I didn't eat anything these 4 hours. I drank a bottle of water, a v8 vegetable juice, and took a performance multi-vitamin (that I never take, but I took it because a few blogs mentioned vitamins helping with the adjustment) with a half-glass of milk. I think I regret taking the vitamin, because just about 5 minutes ago, I nearly puked randomly out of the blue (I mean, I went from normal, to about to puke in about 5 seconds), I "heaved" once, luckily dry, and my mouth started watering intensely, therefore I did the only thing I knew to. I took two hits out of my pipe (thus ruining my smoking experiment, kinda, but I am very worried about oversleeping and for it to take another day to reach REM sleep in my naps) and then my nausea vanished. In fact, I never actually tried taking a hit to avoid throwing up before until then. So, at least I now know how to quickly tame my stomach for the future, it was amazing!

I have about 40 minutes until my next nap at 9 AM. When I woke up at 5 AM from my 3rd nap, I felt like a 7 (almost as if i had just woken up from a 12 hour monophasic sleep) However, since then, my tiredness has increased and I feel like a 0 now. But I am overall, very impressed with how my body has held up so far. I was expecting to be feeling sleep deprivation symptoms by now.(since it has been almost exactly 24 hours since I have had monophasic sleep) But honestly, I have only felt tired for the last hour of each "cycle", which is necessary if I want to be able to fall to sleep in such a short time-span like I have been having to do.

-Many of the people who's blogs I have read, have said that they have had major problems falling to sleep in time before the 30 minute nap is up, luckily, I get to sleep fast, so I don't for-see any problems with that. I just can't oversleep, especially now that I had to smoke. I don't think it could be near as detrimental as alcohol or caffeine would be, so I am not worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment